Part E residential pre-sound testing checklist
You need to check each of the following 14 points before our Part E Residential sound testing site visit or abortive fees may be chargeable:
- Has the proposed set of tests been agreed with Building Control?
- Are all floor and/or wall constructions complete and sealed?
- Are all windows, internal and external doors and all sockets, switches, etc installed?
- Are all rooms unfurnished? If not, contact us to check arrangements.
- Have temporary floor finishes (eg carpets) been removed or at least 50% of floor been exposed?
- Have you ensured that all works on site will be stopped for the duration of the tests?
- Have you arranged for us to have full access to at least 2 pairs of habitable rooms on either side of the separating floor or party wall (ie living room, bedroom, study, etc)?
- Is 110V or 240V mains power available throughout the site?
- Are there parking facilities on site?
- Has payment for testing been made or separate credit agreement complete? Late payment will delay submission of results, report and certificates.
- Have you provided a detailed description of the test separating floor construction?
- Have you provided a detailed description of the test party wall construction?
- Is the site address correct? Please provide in full including the postcode
- Have we got the billing name, company and invoicing address (plus order number if required)?