Our Role in the Project
Adnitt Acoustics were commissioned to;
- Carry out surveys of the existing offices, including sound insulation between meeting rooms and building services noise to benchmark a standard that could be achieved for the office fit-out.
- Conduct a briefing exercise with the end Client in order to gauge acoustic expectations and develop appropriate acoustic criteria for the fit-out
- Recommend enhanced acoustic standards, consistent with similar high level offices in Central London
- Advise on appropriate internal noise and vibration criteria for fit-out building services plant
- An appraisal of room acoustics in meeting/conference/seminar rooms and other rooms where the control of noise build up is important
- Advise internal design team with regards to internal partitions and edge detailing
- Carry out site inspection visits, sound insulation measurements and identify snagging issues for rectification
The capability to achieve high levels of privacy to all meeting and conference rooms and the desire to match or exceed acoustic standards whilst working within the constraints of the challenging base build design.
Acoustic Features of this Project
Due to the highly sensitive nature of client discussions, privacy and confidentiality within the meeting rooms was given a very high priority.
We had to;
- Design for a high level of sound insulation between meeting, conference rooms and Executive meeting rooms.
- Consider Noise break-in from the surrounding environment
- Consider reverberation for video conferencing